I mentioned in my blog posts about how I plan my weekly meals, and it usually is referring to only dinner.
So what about the rest of the day, you may ask?
Well for Ray, my hubby, he gets to eat the leftovers from the night before, as can you. If you’re like me though, and kind of picky about quality of food, I just can’t eat most leftovers. I like crispy crunchy textures, and they don’t hold up well to storage. Some recipes are totally great for making early in the week (I love Scotch Eggs for example, soups or stews like Pizza Soup, or slow cooked meats like Stovetop Pork Carnitas, all via The Clothes Make the Girl) but mostly I snack throughout the day until the dinner bell rings.
Most of these snacks are not paleo, but they are high in protein, and low in sugar and carbs, so for me, that’s okay. I am still eating mostly protein, watching my sugars, and keeping the non fibrous carbs low. Would eating celery and carrots be better? Probably, but there is no way I could keep it up.
In the morning for breakfast, I normally start out with a black coffee sweetened with Stevia and a shake made of a couple scoops of Power Crunch Proto Whey Mocha with unsweetened almond milk. This wakes me and my metabolism up. That sets me up for an hour or two while I get my morning walk/run with the puppies, and all the getting ready for school.
While at school in my super awesome R2D2 lunchbox, I will have packed (I don’t eat everything normally, but I like options. I’ll have one item every couple of hours);
- a bag of peanuts
- some Cruncha-mame (my favorite flavor is the Onion & Chive, but Salt & Peppar and Jalapeno are great too)
- a Power Crunch bar (I love the Cookies & Cream, Wild Berry, or Vanilla)
- a scoop of Nuts’N’More peanut or almond butter (the yummiest flavors would be Toffee, Pumpkin Spice, Cinnamon Raisin, or just Plain!) portioned in 2oz baby food cups.
- a bag of Cinnamon Protein Pretzel sticks to dip in said protein peanut butter
- a bag of Ips Original Egg White Chips (LOVE the White Cheddar, second favie is the Salt & Pepper)
Once I’m outta school, I go hit the gym, fueled up and ready to go. After that and my afternoon cardio I’ll drink another protein shake and start getting dinner ready. Done and done!